Saturday, March 1, 2008


This is my first entry in my blog, which I hope will be one of many. What is there to say? Well, I live in Tucson, Arizona. It's a nice place if you can stand the heat. The summers are as hot as hell. I go to the University of Arizona to pursue a bachelor degree in creative writing. You may ask yourself, what can you do with a creative writing degree? Good question. The fact is I'm not so sure myself. The obvious answer is to write. Teaching would be the second most obvious. What I would like to do is to become a world renowned writer. My favorite genre to write is science fiction. Some of the writers I most admire are Philip K. Dick, Robert Heinlein and Rodger Zelasny just to name a few. Second to writing another of my passions is movies. Directing and producing movies is another creative endeavor that I would like to pursue. Some of my favorite directors include Tim Burton, Ridley Scott, Martin Scorsese and Stanley Kubrick. I love to create, but it is much more difficult than to destroy. It is like giving birth. It's not easy but it pays off in the end. A book or a movie in my mind is like an embryo growing into a baby. A book or movie grows until it is ready to be born. Hopefully one day I will give birth to one or the other.

4 comments:

Rosa Decembris said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I'm pretty new myself, and a pretty irregular writer, but I'm trying to change that. My roomie is/was a CW major here at the UA as well, so I know the process well... best of luck! Though I wonder about your expertise re: birthing... ;) Anyway, best of luck, can't wait to read more!

Julian said...

Hey how's it going. Thanks for welcoming me to the blogging world. It's always nice to meet new people. Are you a creative writing major as well? Your picture looks familiar, have I seen you before? I'm taking British literature 373b , are you? I might've seen you there. What do you mean about my expertise? Birthing? Anyway, you can call me if you want. My number is 981-9489 area code 520. Maybe we could exchange writing tips.

Rosa Decembris said...

I would like to get in touch with you. I copied your info - but for the future, I wouldn't put personal info like your number on a public forum like this... Blogger is safe, but its not as good for social networking like Facebook or Myspace. Take care!

Lisa M. Cole said...

Hey Julian. Good to see you the other night! :)

--Lisa